My reasoning had led to me to believe that the next Telltale Games series – The Wolf Among Us – was not due out until 2014. Thankfully after reading this excellent piece on its development and a bit of further digging I now know that the first episode is due in Q2 2013. Colour me excited!
Here are some of the finer points from the article;
- Players will run with the Bigby Wolf character in this prequel to Fables.
- Minor characters from the Fables comic book like Mr.Toad and Colin (one of the three little pigs) will get bigger roles in the game.
- Ichabod Crane will govern as Deputy Mayor.
- Bigby will be investigating a murder as sheriff of Fabletown.
- The threat of a Fable blowing their cover will also be introduced and will be something players will need to be mindful of.
- The Snow White/Bigby relationship will have its origins in the game. Players will have moments where betrayal of trust will have to be addressed.
- Player choice extends to deciding when to visit certain locations, who to help and when to use violence or intimidation.
- Bigby can resort to using his wolf instincts through violent confrontation within the narrative but it will come at a cost.
- Violent confrontations will be more ‘over the top’ than in The Walking Dead but will still be driven by the narrative.
As I did with The Walking Dead game from Telltale Games, I will be doing a game diary of The Wolf Among Us as soon as episode one hits the XBLA.